I'm so glad you're here!
Let me tell you a little bit about myself...
I live in the UK in a small farming village - right at the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, near the town of Harrogate. I think it just might be the place I dreamed of as a little girl - its beautiful...
My artwork stems from a place of faith, joy and a sense of wonder - it's an integral part of who I am, my identity. I love vibrant colour, texture and nature in its many forms. In this post, I share some of my favourite art supplies. Many of my pieces also include heart-felt words of comfort and inspiration for you and me. I also love to paint female portraits (in many different styles) as it helps me to access my inner life and the various seasons of life. You can read more about my 'artwork journey'...
If you are an established artist and would like to connect, please get in touch. You can find me via social media on facebook page, twitter, pinterest and instagram. I also started a podcast in 2017 but have not recorded recently.
You can also subscribe to my blog via Bloglovin - bringing all your subscriptions to blogs in one place. Or, subscribe to my blog posts, take a free class and enjoy my monthly'ish Newsletter - receive updates via your email inbox.
So, I hope you've enjoyed looking around and it's been lovely having you here...
Miscellaneous bits of info about who i am...
- I love sugar ring doughnuts (mind, who doesn't? ;)).
- I'm always getting well-known phrases muddled up (much to my family's amusement)!
- All things 'pastry' are my weakness. I especially like a traditional beef & ale pie!
- We have two dogs named Mia and Guy, together with a cat named Daisy.
- I enjoy my own company but equally like to have family and friends around me.
- I love being outdoors on my walks with Mia - it's my time for reflection.
- Books, books, books - love them! Here are some of my favourite art books. I always have a pile by the bedside - lots of other places too!
- I love history, medical and science programmes, most cookery programmes together with 'The Sewing Bee' and 'Bake Off'.
- A camera (mostly iPhone) is always with me, otherwise I hyperventilate!
- A mug of tea is always with me, otherwise I hyperventilate! (Water too, when I'm being diligent!)
- Adore singing and dancing in the kitchen as well as the car and shower.
- Happy when I'm cooking but also when I have dinner out - yum!
- Enjoy 'deep' chats with friends and hubby.
- Cuddles on the sofa with my boys.
- Like: the sound of waves, birds singing and hearing the boys chatting together (without them knowing).
- Married for 16 years this summer (2018).
- Our honeymoon was in Bali - special memories, always.
- Have a few close friends and value friendship greatly. One of my longstanding friends is from school. We've been friends for 33 years (and we can still chat for a few hours solid, no probs after not seeing each other for 6 months or so - she lives abroad).
- I used to be a Beauty Therapist with international professional qualifications. My skills included reflexology, aromatherapy, Eastern head massage, Reiki, professional make up, electrolysis and all the beauty treatments you would expect.
- I lived in the USA for seven years and first was a nanny (to two boys) and then worked in a very large law firm in the suburbs of Philadelphia near Lancaster County, where the wonderful Amish based film, 'Witness' with Harrison Ford and Kelly McGinnis was filmed.
- Studied foundation level psychology and counselling skills.
- Secret dream: to be a singer (that's the exhibitionist side of me!)
- My first-born son, Brandon was born on Christmas Day in the States!
- Favourite films 'Bridges of Madison County' and 'Out of Africa' - both feature Meryl Streep. I was 17 years old when I first saw 'Out of Africa' and it has resonated with me ever since.
- Our youngest son was born in a water pool in the hospital - fab experience (minus the pain of course).
- I'm a Christian - we're a Christian family and here is my unfolding faith story.