Tips/benefits of loosening up with watercolour
- Do you ever struggle for inspiration with your artwork?
- Or, do you sometimes long to paint with abandon after working on a particular tight painting?
- Perhaps you're salivating at the idea of painting in watercolour but are feeling unsure and perhaps fearful of taking that first step?
Don't fear - in this week’s episode, we’ll explore some ways to use watercolour as a jumping off point, a means of relaxation and exploration, play between painting 'for real' and a way to dabble as a beginner. I chat about the idea of, just as an athlete warms up prior to competing, so must a creative.
I go on to share various ways of loosening up with watercolour, why and how it can help you and what supplies I'd recommend.
Artwork shown above – A Mother's Love - original watercolour by me.
Subscribe to The Art of Life Podcast via iTunes.
Art 2 Art - warm up ideas...
- (Click image for more info.) - Just Add Watercolour by Helen Birch.
- (Click image for more info.) - Paint Yourself Calm by Jean Haines.
Please click here to subscribe via iTunes and look out for the latest episode as it is released.
Questions?: I'd love to hear from you - do you have a particular topic you'd like me to cover? janehinchliffeartist @ outlook.com
Instagram: Come by and visit me.
etsy shop: Originals, prints, gifts, cards, kits and gift cards.