I'm not complaining (really) - this life of being a working creative (and more importantly, a wife and Mum) is a dream come true for me but still overwhelm hits frequently and daily I need to hear from God to set me straight once again...
Today, I'm wanting to share with you a 'Love note from God' and my hope is that some of what I share resonates with you dear friend - my situation might be different to yours but still, these words may be just what you need to hear in your life or that of a loved one.
You'll know if you follow me on Instagram, that I walk most mornings with our dog, Mia. Whilst on these walks (and as long as there are no 'doggy emergencies' such as Mia misbehaving with other dogs etc), I invite Jesus to 'come walk with me' and from these walks I gain such wonderful insights, peace and love that I feel called to share what's on my heart in this, my first 'love note from God'.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths.
- Psalm 23, 1-3.
- He's asking that I decide what's important in my life right now.
- Not what I think, or feel, 'should' be important but instead the 'true' reality. So, just make a list - get the clutter out of your head and onto paper...
- He's telling me to stop making things complicated and to pare down. I spend time on activities that drain me and really, why?
- Watch distractions and their hold on you - for instance idly searching things on the net, Pinterest and other social media etc.
- Pay attention to your body - you're biting your fingernails because for you, that means you're stressed and ignoring what your body needs.
- Rest - don't underestimate the power of resting in Me... Only I can take away what ills you.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I do pray that these words help you in your current life situations and faith walk with Him...